BIO HYDROL MARINE
Emulsifiable Biodegradable Stern Tube Lubricants
LUBECO™ BIO Hydrol Marine is a range of high performance, biodegradable stern tube lubricants based on synthetic esters, which provide superior lubrication, improved stability and wear protection. BIO Hydrol Marine are designed to absorb sea or fresh water entering the Stern Tube to form a stable water-in-oil emulsion while retaining excellent lubricating properties. Standard water absorption level is at 20% water contamination.
BIO Hydrol Marine lubricants are non-toxic in the marine environment and comply with the EU Ecolabel certification = meet requirements for Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EAL) according to US EPA 2013 Vessel General Permit (VGP).
BIO Hydrol Marine is produced at viscosity classes ISO VG 68/100/150/220
Industry Performance Standards
- Meets EU Ecolabel requirements
- Compliant with Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EALs) US EPA Vessel General Permit 2013 (VGP)
Areas of Application
BIO Hydrol Marine products have been specifically designed for the use in stern tube and stabiliser applications operating in ecologically sensitive areas where there is a danger of oil loss or leakage.
- Superior lubricating properties
- Absorb a very high amount of sea or fresh water - standard tests at 20%
- Enhanced anti-wear and anti-corrosion protection
- Good compatibility with commonly used materials in seal systems
- Miscible with commonly used mineral oil based stern tube lubricants
- Longer oil life due to resistance to ageing and oxidation
- Biodegradability (within 28 days) > 60%, non-toxic in the marine environment
|Density at 15°C||kg/m³||ISO 12185||920||920||920||930|
|Kinematic Viscosity at 40°C||mm²/s||ASTM D445||68||100||150||220|
|Pour Point||°C||ASTM D97||<-30||<-30||<-30||<-30|
|Flash Point, COC||°C||ASTM D92||>230||>230||>200||>200|
|Steel corrosion at 60°C/24h||negative||neg.||neg.||neg.|
|Biodegradability (within 21days)||%||OECD 301B||>60||>60||>60||>60|
- 20l container
- 205l drum
- 1000l IBC container
- Technical Data Sheet (download)
- Material Safety Data Sheet - on request
Need more information?
Contact us please for additional information e.g. request of MSDS etc.
We will reply to you as soon as possible.